Here is what a Sunday night looks like at the Cannon household:
 |
| I made an apple pie! I'm finally moved into my kitchen enough to attempt "real" cooking (or baking in this case). I often will do a little something like this - forego making fancy dinners and opt instead for making fun and somewhat challenging desserts. Unfortunately, this time I ended up liking how it looked a whole lot more than how it tasted. Too much nutmeg, perhaps. Oh, and the green eyes thing? I once told Dylan that one thing that ALWAYS makes my mood-eyes turn green (instead of the usual blue) is apple pie. While that may or may not be true, it is still my favorite dessert. A la mode? Even better. |
 |
| Want to know what Dylan did while I made this pie? Indulged in a new-found passion -- Harry Potter. He has never read them, and so this summer (actually only a few weeks ago) he started at the beginning, and is now on #4, the Goblet of Fire. We both actually have gotten really into reading lately, finding series we couldn't put down. D with HP, and me with The Hunger Games trilogy. Anyone else obsessed and waiting on the edge of their seats for #3 to come out TUESDAY??? |
 |
We are obsessed with the X-Files. I mean, we watch this almost every day. Thanks to Netflix Instant Queue, we can feed our somewhat psychotic addiction. I used to watch this ALL the time as a kid....what in the world were my parents thinking??? I have nightmares about it now, let alone when I was 10 and had the imagination to boot. D gets quite scared, too......."i'm gonna eat your liver!" is a common phrase used as we're trying to get to sleep, followed by me poking into his general-liver-area and him screeching "No!!!!"
And Scully? Well, I don't think her fashion sense is going to improve as the series go on. Hasn't in 3 series yet, and doesn't look too promising. |
I LOVED the Hunger Games! I can't wait for the third book! Oh my goodness! So excited! Love the pie! It looks beautiful. Was it amazing? You guys are adorable. Glad you're lovin' married life.
ReplyDeleteI just want to make it known that I thought the pie was delicious! Especially the crust!
ReplyDeleteYum! Apple pie!
ReplyDeleteI only eat the crust of apple pies... I thought The Hunger Games was way messed up when I started reading it, but about halfway through the book (when the Games actually started) I got really into it. Same thing happened with the second book. Apparently I like violence, blood, and death of children... Apparently a lot of people do!
ReplyDeleteI fully support the reading! You've picked up on two of my favorite series. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteEven Steven King said on the back of one of the Hunger Games novels that those books are messed up! That's how you know they are awesome.
ReplyDeleteDid you get Mockingjay? I could have gotten you one at the store!
ReplyDeleteMeanwhile, m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m. The pie looks delish!