Ok, so the heading for this blog post is from a song by Tom Petty called "Roll Another Joint." I do not condone that behavior but this particular lyric works well with this blog entry.
 |
| This was the only picture we managed to get because we were terrified of dropping my camera (or ourselves). |
On July 27th, I took Julie on a romantic date up to Sundance's ski resort . We went on a full moon light ride up the ski-lift...the only problem was that it was too cloudy to actually see that full moon. I thought I had again botched another attempt at being romantic (Julie can tell you all sorts of stories about every time I try to be romantic and smooth, something goes way off. I just don't have it in me). However, it was great just getting to sit next to each other and cuddle and just talk. It felt like a while since we had the opportunity to catch up with one another. Julie also had one of her finest moments while we were on the lift. Some immature high school boy riding the lift down called out to me, "Are you going to get a kiss, tonight?" I said nothing but Julie hollered back, "More than that!" It put the kid back in his place, and made me happy (for a host of reasons).
While we could not see the full moon, we definitely COULD see lightning. It was a stormy night and so lightning was very prevalent. I don't know about you, but I can't really think of a place that I would less rather be at than a metal ski-lift when there is a lightning storm. It was kind of cool to look at, but I'm glad we were not electrocuted (especially now that we watched a really creepy X-Files about a kid that keeps killing people with lightning). We also remembered shortly after we got on the lift that we both have a minor fear of heights. But, none of these things could put a damper on our date night!
Nice date, dude! Dad and i went up in a hot air balloon on Sat. Also a nice date when I was not worrying about plunging to my death.
ReplyDelete