Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We're Moving on Up!

Al Jefferson!
   Well, ok, we actually didn't move to the East side. In fact, we moved from the East side of Provo, to the Northwest side of Provo. But, that tune from "The Jeffersons" is really catchy, and I am already a huge fan of the new Jazzman, Al Jefferson. But, yes, we moved AGAIN. Hopefully, this will be the last time for a while (until we get into a good grad school for Marriage and Family Therapy). For those who don't know, this is the second time in less than five months that Julie and I have moved and that is not including the time we moved from our respective single's housing into our first apartment together.
  The first apartment we moved into, we really should have seen that it was not a good situation. It had no separate entrance or even a door blocking us from the old lady upstairs. We thought she was sweet the first time we met her, but I should have really taken into account that the first time I met her she talked to me for a half an hour about how she's had cancer multiple times and how she had two husbands cheat on her. But, hey, I was too starry eyed in love with Julie to really notice and this lady was one of the few people who was renting mid-semester. Very quickly, the situation became painful. The old lady would keep walking downstairs while we were in our garments and we dreaded having to walk through her door everyday because we knew she would want to talk to us for hours about how rotten her life has been. This was bad enough, but then she also always wanted us to do chores for her. I had to mow all of her lawns (which were huge and on rough terrain) and Julie vacuumed her house. That was bad enough, but it gets worse! This lady complained about the job Julie did. That was the last straw! Plus, she had a cat! That might seem small to you, but I am not a fan of cats and it definitely fits her overall aura. We had to get out, so we did so. She still calls once a week for us to "come pick up our mail" (which she refuses to forward). We really think she wants us to go up there so that she can guilt us into mowing her lawn. So, what do we do? We ignore her calls and cowardly refuse to talk to an extremely old lady.
   The second place we lived was fantastic! It was right across from a park and it was fully furnished with lots of great stuff. Most importantly, it had a brand new huge TV and a DVR. Our landlords this time were awesome, as well. The only thing that was kind of weird was having to change their delicates in the laundry sometimes or having them do the same for us. We loved the place but had to leave because we were only subletting it for the summer. We left it in good condition, but I had to remember I'm in a bishopric now to not take their TV with me.
    Now, we are in a new place. So far, it seems great. We are still unpacking and looking for places to put all of our stuff. Isn't it amazing how much stuff two poor newlyweds have? I don't know where it all comes from. Julie must have done a magic trick to get everything to fit in the boxes we have--there just is more and more stuff every time I go back. Again, we will have to move again at some time. But, wherever we live, it will always be home to me, as long as Julie is with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment