Monday, August 1, 2011

Embracing Da Souf

I have a confession: I have NEVER, EVER had any desire to live in the South. When I think of the South I think of the Confederate Flag (which I compared to the Nazi swastika in an English paper), Jim Crowe laws, ridiculous humidity, burning crosses, Big Dan T from "O, Brother Where Art Thou?" and NASCAR. I do have to hand it to them that they have introduced Coke and Dr. Pepper into the world. However, those drinks are so deliciously addictive that they have single-handedly caused me to get fat (well, and not working out). I swore in my youthful ignorance I would never end up there.

However, life has humbled me and I have received fantastic opportunities from a college there. So, since I am moving down there, I am trying to get rid of all my old biases and have decided to have a good attitude about our move there. I want to keep an open mind, just like I hope people would do when moving to my beloved state of Utah (where most people think of polygamy and boredom). So, I have decided to try my best to make friends, enjoy the uniqueness of the experience and to be happy in the journey.

With that said, I hope you enjoy these clips.



1 comment: