We have now been in Greenville for two and a half weeks! It seems like it has gone by really fast (and really slow). Here are some things that we've been up to or just other random stuff.
 |
| Julie snapped this photo on our way to Greenville from Raleigh on the day we got here. North Carolina is very beautiful and green. |
 |
| Delmar: "All my sins been washed away, like when I knocked over that Piggly Wiggly." Everett: "I thought you said you was innocent of those charges?" Delmar: "Well, I lied...now that sin's been washed away, too." We have a Piggly Wiggly here in Greenville...unfortunately we haven't taken a picture of the actual store because with the part of town it's in we might not live. |
 |
| Our first meal at our house. Without furniture, Julie and I sat on boxes and used the only chair we had as our dining room table. |
 |
| Julie looking more and more gorgeous as this pregnancy goes along...probably doesn't feel gorgeous, though, since it's been hot and humid everyday since we've been here. |
 |
| Don't worry, I DO THIS! |
 |
| A phenomenon I had forgotten about since I left Milwaukee. Apparently, the gangsta thing to do is to buy really junky cars, paint them bright colors and put huge rims on them. We see these all over the city. |
 |
| And again. We point them out to each other every time. |
 |
| We went up to Richmond to see Julie's brother and sister-in-law and their children. The city is really beautiful but has a very interesting take on the Civil War...er, I mean, the War of Northern Aggression. Apparently, Jefferson Davis was a great man who only wanted to fight for state's rights...of putting chains around black people's necks and ankles and selling them like livestock (they forgot to mention that last part). |
 |
| This is a very new phenomenon to me. Everywhere you go, there is something about Christianity. You would think that this is just a dry cleaning business. You're wrong! It's a place where you can get your clothes ironed AND find cheap salvation (for a lot less money and less time investment than the dry cleaning)! |
Loved loved looking at this. Awesome pictures!!!
ReplyDelete