Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's the middle of Winter, it's February, and I like laying down in front of the TV, okay?

So our apartment complex cut off our cable a few months ago, without warning.
LAME.
And because we didn't want to pay for something that we are still technically paying for in our utility fees, we haven't gotten it again.
Luckily, we have Netflix, and have the Instant Queue through our Wii <-- if only I got paid for product placement, right?
I like the instant queue for many reasons, like no commercials, getting to watch a bunch of previous seasons of TV shows that are no longer on Hulu, and its kind of random assortment of movies (old and pretty new). One thing I do NOT like, however, is how often it cuts out. If I have to see "Retrieving...." one more time, I might lose it.
Wow, tangents, sorry.

What I really wanted to write about are the TV shows that I'm kind of addicted to. And how much it STINKS when you have  watched everything from a show, multiple seasons even, and then catch up to the current season and have to wait an ENTIRE week to watch the next episode. Will someone please explain to me why my interest in a show diminishes somewhat when this happens? If I can't watch an episode every night, then the comedic value/interesting story lines/character development doesn't seem quite as interesting a week later.

Again, I digress.

Here we go. Shows I am addicted to. Dylan is addicted to the first two, but the third is pretty much all me.

1. Modern Family
-This one has the best clips. The other two are whole story lines, and less one-liners, so they were hard to find clips for.  Seriously, these clips make me almost pee my pants. I laugh SO hard at them.
Characters:
Jay and his second wife, Gloria, and her son Manny.
Jay's daughter, Claire, her husband, Phil, and their children Hailey, Alex and Luke.
Jay's son, Mitchell, and his partner, Cameron, and their adopted daughter, Lilly.












2. Lie to Me
-We actually haven't quite caught up to the current season of this, so we're still good! We're on season 2 (please, no spoilers!). This is such an awesome show - so original. They solve cases, but unlike most detective shows, it only deals with murder or crimes some of the time. The Lightman Group works on any case where someone needs to find out if someone else is lying, and what they're lying about. They use the science of deception detection to discern the truth. It's fascinating. At first we were afraid that it'd get kind of repetitive, showing the facial expressions and body language over and over again, hammering it into the ground, but they have done a superb job of developing their characters, having intriguing story lines, and always having interesting twists and unexpected conclusions. 



3. Bones
-I had only watched this show here and there on TV, when it was on, but I started at the beginning and watched the first 5 seasons (season 6 is current), and am hooked. I find their process (forensic anthropology) so fascinating, and often riveting. I actually learn stuff by watching the show! I am hooked on the characters, too. There's no one I don't like on it, which is amazing for me to find that in a show, and there is always something going on in their personal lives that they develop. Sorry about the bad clip, but it's all I could find. You'll just have to watch it, I guess.




If you haven't seen any of these shows, seriously....why not?
If you have, what do you like/dislike/find interesting about them?

2 comments:

  1. Too bad about the cable. That would really stink. I have my shows as well. I love Bones. I was just watching it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, we're not huge tv watchers around here. Our show is Smallville, and we're almost always a season behind and now we're running up against the 10th season which is, supposedly, the last one.

    I haven't seen the first two, but I have seen Bones before, and really liked it!

    ReplyDelete