Thursday, August 2, 2012

West Coast Trip: California!

Yes, I am FINALLY getting around to posting pictures from our time in California. We got back a little over a month ago, but it feels like months and months - we miss it, a lot. We miss Dylan's family, and seeing the ocean every day, and hearing the waves crashing, and non-North Carolina-type things (In'n'Out, Cafe Rio, Rainbow Sandal outlet, super Target, sidewalks to go for walks on, cooler weather, etc. etc.)

I look forward to this week all year, and even though there are lots of tough parts about staying in a gritty beach house with 20 other people and your little baby, come on, you're still staying ON THE BEACH, running water and showers, and real beds to sleep in! And, the place we stay is an old nuns' retreat and has photos of the nuns on the sand and stuff all over. Oh, and there are gargoyles/demons? painted over the fireplace. Awesome.

Anyway, I took lots of picture on...one day there. I posted a bunch of Instagram pics to Facebook while we were there, so these are just my big camera photos.

Dadda and the Wheeze, ready to play!


Eloise and her Uncle Alec and cousin Chloe


Aren't the boys' faces in this one PRICELESS??


She LOVED the water, way more than I anticipated. She did not care about the NC beach we took her to a week or two before this, but wanted to be in the water all day, every day here

With Uncle Phil!!

With Uncle Quinton!!

Randi and Chloe

Getting soothed by Gigi (Grandma Pat)

Oh, a different day/different swim suit! I guess I took the camera out more than once, after all. She LOVED the sand, too. And surprisingly didn't try to eat it (well, there was that one time, but one lick and she never tried again.) Thank goodness! No sandy poop!


Favorite photo of her. My little model

It was Chloe's birthday while we were there, so she got to go swimming in her birthday suit :)



Oh, and Eloise's Uki-Monster (grandpa) got the girls matching Yankees dresses, so they had a dance party to show them off. Even though I am an avid Yankees-hater, I still think this was pretty darn cute
Can't wait for next year!! I'm already dreaming of it. Thank you Ann and Ken and LaVell and Pat and everyone for making it happen. We love you guys so much, and loved the time we got to spend with you.

2 comments:

  1. ditto to the yankees-hater comment, replace those outfits with sf giants i would die from their cuteness. It is amazing how precious time at california becomes when we only get to visit every so often. I definitely took it for granted when I lived there, now I miss it so much (especially the weather!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the model picture of her. She's so cute! I like all of her swimming suits. I guess I need to get some more :) And, yeah, the boys faces when they're getting hit with the water are hilarious! I love it when you put up pictures!

    ReplyDelete