Thursday, November 10, 2011

Eloise Jayden's Arrival

(to see more pictures of just Eloise, I put them up on my photo blog)

Eloise made her arrival 2 minutes after midnight on November 02, 2011. After three straight days of labor, an almost c-section scare, being sent home from triage once (almost twice), being pumped full of pitocin, and little Eloise's heart rate making everyone nervous, I was more than ready to push that baby out. She came out head-up, which explained all my back labor and why pushing ended up being so difficult. There are tons of details to share, but that can wait. For now, pictures! Keep in mind that Dylan and I had been awake for too many days straight at this point, in less-than-comfortable circumstances, so we were EXHAUSTED. Thank goodness for epidurals.

Right before they came in to announce "It's baby time!"


So happy to be holding my little girl. And her little hand was in the same position here as in her 20-week ultrasound - that little hand that had me so anxious to see her


Proudly wearing his 'new dad' t-shirt

My mom was in town, and came to see Eloise and Dylan and I during the day
Family of three!

The hospital room
I was so happy to finally be able to receive this balloon!



1st day of life

Watching sports with Daddy...I have a feeling I'll see a lot of this in our house

At home, snuggled up with mommy.

She had hours of awake time two of the mornings she's been home, which has been fun - just content and taking everything in

Daddy time after church

I birthed a...football?

Another common occurrence - napping on Daddy's chest. Oh, and brainwashing at a young age for BYU

I love her LONG feet. I mean, these things really are super long, and skinny, so wearing socks has been a bit of a challenge

Three generation of women. Grandma, Mom, Daughter




First bath (at home)!

She wasn't quite sure about it. Baths since have been a little less cry-inducing
Our little duckie

6 comments:

  1. She is absolutely wonderful! She has the brightest eyes!

    Ps- Dylan and Josh look exactly the same when they sleep! They're cousins.... identical cousins!!!! (have you ever seen full house?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Julie!! Glad you didn't have to do a c-section!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She makes funny faces! I love it! Maybe that comes from Auntie Jo. Maybe she gets the long fingers and toes from Steve-o.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love these pictures. I especially like the one where she has those big old eyes. Geoffrey had eyes like that. He'd peer out over the edge of his blanket, and all I could do was laugh.

    I can hardly wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially like the little duckie! So cute, guys.

    ReplyDelete