| Think he's cute? Well, I don't and you're wrong if you do. |
I was going to try to think of something more creative to name this post, but I couldn't. And Julie would be upset if I named this post something more harsh than "I Hate Mice." But, last week, we discovered mouse droppings in our home and heard scurrying in the walls. Now, I am not a violent man but I definitely do not want a mouse pooping all over my stuff. So, I tried to think of non-lethal ways to get rid of it...but, non-lethal mouse traps are expensive and I didn't know how I'd make one myself. Finally, on Saturday night (when I snuck out of my room to watch the rest of the BYU game) I flicked on the light to the kitchen and saw it quickly dash behind the oven. When I pulled out the oven, I found a little hole that I felt it was sneaking into the walls through. So, I thought, here is my chance; I'll just board up this hole and it will presumably just leave (or die without me feeling like there's blood on my hands. Ignorance is bliss).
I thought that was the end of it...until a few days later I found poops in another spot in our house. I had the thought (more like deep wish) that maybe those had been there before and I just hadn't realized it. That thought quickly became even more of a pipe dream that night when I saw it running across my bedroom floor in the corner of my eye. Mustering all the courage I could, I chased after it. That was dumb. It ran right out under the door and hid in another hole in the kitchen I must have missed in my otherwise thorough investigation. So, Jules and I taped the hole shut and put a large barrier in the way of the hole.
Again, I thought that was the end of it. We heard him in the wall throughout the rest of the day and again figured we were done with him. The next day, we found more mouse poops. To this, I told Julie, "He's made it personal. I'm in a Master's Program and this stupid thing keeps outsmarting me." So, what did I do? I finally called for an appointment to Pest Control (who is coming Monday if I don't get to the little devil first). I will tell them to try to not kill it. However, Mouse, I gave you your chance to leave us alone and live in peace out in the fields. Now you have to deal with the wrath of a being with superior intelligence; or at least a being who has a cellphone.
If a mouse can make a hole to get into your wall, what do you think is stopping him from making another hole to get out when you lock him in there? Maybe you didn't miss the other holes...he might have made them when you blocked his other ones.
ReplyDeleteEwww. Hopefully the mouse/mice can be found and done away with.
ReplyDeleteGet some mouse traps! They're like less than a buck. Just put a blob of peanut butter and some powdered sugar on it (that way they can't just keep licking it without setting it off). We had them in our pantry all the time just in case. Gross though, I hate mice too.
ReplyDeleteI had pet rats and Karen had pet mice growing up. I can't remember for sure if Jewey had anything, maybe a hamster that lived like a day or something, and a bunny that we all hated. Still, I don't like to be at all involved in any necessary extermination, although my instincts to protect my puppy make me want to get rid of the rats in our garage. Jaren deals with it.
ReplyDelete