 |
| If we had kids rights now, this would totally be me. |
The last week or so, I have not had any work through my temp agency. So, I have been staying at home getting my homemaker on. And let me tell you...it stinks. I'm awful at it. The first day or so was kind of fun. I vacuumed, did the dishes, mopped some and yes, I managed to sneak in a few rounds of golf on the Wii. By day two, the charm had already worn off, a little. Or a lot. I decided this homemaking stuff is not for me. I could see why the people I taught on my mission who had no jobs in the trailer parks and ghettos were SO lazy. It is completely demoralizing to have no reason to do anything. And this was only after two days! Imagine years of not doing anything. I almost decided to do nothing but sleep and play video games all day saying "wo is me." But, I remembered a conversation I had with my oldest brother about men in our neighborhood who did not work but also did not want to do "women's work" so they made an alternate universe where they had "retired" while their wives slaved away at work and in the home. Determined to not allow myself to become one of these bums, I decided to continue to work hard and be productive in the home while Julie was away. I even cooked the last two nights! I made a casserole and then home-made pizza (crust and everything. That was tricky). Neither of the meals has left us violently ill (yet) and I actually kind of felt like I accomplished something. With Jules pregnant, I told her I would like to start cooking more. She was happy about that but with the caveat, "don't get too used to it. I want to be a homemaker and I want you to work." Sweeter words have never been spoken. Here's to hoping that's sooner rather than later for both of us.
For the record, you made delicious dinners! And I wouldn't mind if you cooked a few nights a week for years and years :) It made me very very happy and more relaxed.
ReplyDeleteYou two are so cute! I love reading lovie stories about my family! I love that others are just as happy as us!
ReplyDeleteYou made pizza? FROM SCRATCH? Dude.
ReplyDelete