Saturday, April 9, 2011

Photo Update

It has been a LONG time since you've heard from me. I admit, I've let Dylan be the writer on here for a long time.
But I can't write posts without photos! And I finally got around to uploading my photos from my phone. 

Finally got around to using these NASTY bananas I've had in my freezer forever. Made banana bread and banana bar cookies. But those ones in the bottom left? Yeah, unusable. WAY too decomposed :)


The makings of a baby quilt for one of my best friends, Kirsten. Her little girl is due in 3 weeks! Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the finished product, but I'm sure I will when the precious girl is born.

For Dylan's internship, he helps with monthly date nights. The one he was in charge of was  kite-building night, and after MUCH frustration and reconfiguring, we finally came up with this idea. I know, it looks really really simple, and you wouldn't believe how hard it was to figure out. But Dylan did an amazing job running the date night!

I made a shamrock wreath for St. Patty's Day. Used the circle/pleated poppy method, and I love the way it turned out. This is about halfway done, before I put the felt pleats on the outside of the shamrock base.
We LOVE Color Me Mine! Hadn't been in a few months, so we went again with some friends, and I painted this flower pot...
...and Dylan painted this baseball snack plate :)


Touch-and-Feel blankets! I've seen these, and wanted to make one, so I bought fabric and ribbon, and whipped up four of them. Regular cotton on one side, and that bumpy soft fabric on the other, then lots of different ribbon textures. Good thing I know lots of people having baby boys soon! The babies I've seen with them adore them. Just lay it on them in their car seat, and they love just touching all those ribbons

Dum-Dum wrapper....Charlie Sheen, anyone? "Winning"

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you here, Julie! Loved the update on your project. Also love how talented you are.

    ReplyDelete